Overview of the Week:
This week, you will have feedback returned from your professor on your research paper. Now, work to make your paper a stellar piece of writing—a piece of writing that you could use as a writing sample, as you move on to your new career and/or future studies.
Read your work aloud. Ask a friend or family member to read it to you. Consider your word choice. Double-check your citations. Improve your transitions. Proofread x 3. Use your online writing resources.
We will address the following course outcomes this week:
- Apply an understanding of social justice, as an active member of the St. Catherine community of scholars, with a particular focus on dismantling systemic racism
- Apply knowledge and skills, using various perspectives from the liberal arts traditions, women-centered scholarly work and Catholic social teaching
- Apply excellent critical thinking, critical reading and scholarly writing skills (including excellence in sentence level fluency, organization, voice and audience)
Critically Read and Think About:
- The feedback from your professor
- The Model Research Paper presented in Week 9--how does your paper compare?
- The Introduction to Learning Video from Week 9
Participate in Learning Community Conferences:
- Your professor will post options for learning community conferences.
- Share your research question, thesis, and conclusion of your research paper with your learning community on the discussion board.
- Comment on the research questions, theses, and conclusions of 2-3 members of your learning community.